Wednesday, June 15, 2011

food, gardens, and health.

My lunch for today: Quorn's leafy chik'n sandwich.

-Quorn's breaded fake chik'n patties
-Feta cheese
-Dave's killer whole grain bread (or any type of whole wheat bread). For better results, use hamburger type bread.
-Earth Balance vegan butter
-Good heart veganaise
-frozen Spinach, cooked, and thawed
-Romaine lettuce


I was in dire need to go back to my vegetarian ways today. I am lacking a lot of vegetables due to bills, bills, bills. It's a good thing that there's always green, or anything leafy in my fridge and freezer. This sandwich is delicious, and was SO close to being vegan. And if any of you non-vegetarians/vegans are skeptical about being meatless, Quorn's products are AMAZING. Almost like tasting the real deal. Also, I grew up wanting lots of butter and mayo on everything. It's a big weakness of mine. So it's quite a dream come true when I found Earth Balance vegan butter, and Good Heart's Veganaise at my local health food store. Because it taste better than the real deal. Even Garry, who is anti-vegetarian and vegan, switched over to Vegan butter and mayo for good.

And I really want my own garden. However, I live in a small duplex and since I have no idea when I'll be moving, I don't want to fix up a garden, or destroy part of the lawn. I'm doing it an even easier way, and I'll be growing my own vegetables in pots and wooden box planters. I'm super excited. No more trips to the grocery store for me :) I also intended on getting seeds from a local garden store instead of buying from big companies.

My next step, buy a chicken when I move to a bigger house so I can have some free range, cage free eggs! Mmmm.




No comments:

Post a Comment