Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Walking on memories


Yesterday was a beautiful day. I was a little bitter about it because I have worked 8 1/2 hours, and I was too tired and too sore to enjoy it. Today I had the day off and I sent a text to my best friend, Erin, asking her if she wanted to join me for a hike/walk on one of our local trails. So a half an hour we were on our way to Green River Community College. We went on the long trail today, and saw a few big rocks standing amongst each other, and Erin ran towards it to climb on them. She then ran back fast, and I asked her what happened. And the saying "Getting Lucky in Kentucky" isn't a saying for no reason. Yes, let your imaginations go wild...We laughed it off while we continued to descend down a muddy path towards the Green River. Sadly, we turned around because the muddy path became to dangerous for us to keep going. We went on a narrow trail, and came back from the bottom of the steepest part of the trail. However, we were going down. It was time to go back up. Naturally, you'd have to go back on the trail to where you came from, but we were a little adventurous and went on the steepest trail. The hardest part was the last 10 feet, and the steep trail was 1/4 a mile. Ugh. We sat at a wonderful overlook of highway 18, and I snapped pictures. We both got bitten by bugs and sticker bushes :( But I haven't had a hard work out for two weeks, and my heart feels absolutely amazing right now :)
Over look on Highway 18


The angle is weird, I know. But we were going down.Our short cut. This isn't the steepest part...This was only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment