Monday, April 25, 2011

A short hike on one of Washington's only beautiful day of the week


Last Friday was a beautiful day in Washington. And I know this is still cold, but it was in the upper 60's, and all the rain we were having made this quite a treat. I even put on my short shorts to go hiking. Erin and I made a day to hike the Mud Mountain Dam trail, and then made a spontaneous trip to Federation Forest just 15 minutes further than Mud Mountain Dam.


Erin and I couldn't actually find the trail down to the river. Just the trail to the viewpoint.

Going down, but this was me looking up at HORRID steps. :\

Prettiness.

I love fungi growing on fallen stumps

The trail wasn't too maintained, I guess. In fact, it was a little dangerous.

The view point entrance.

Erin and I just outside of Federation Forest in Greenwater.

White River outside of Federation Forest. We stopped here and had a picnic of
hummus and wheat pita bread :D

Rock hopping the White River!

Rock hopping should be a serious sport. Because in the middle of me rock hopping,
I lost balance and my right foot stepped into the river. On the shallow end though.
I love you, water proof hiking boots

One last glance. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment