Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green River Gorge FAIL

On Sunday, Garry and I were going to hike to the Green River Gorge, but there was too much effort in trying to find it. We saw the Gorge while crossing a bridge, but no public parking. We drove too far after driving passed the Gorge and ended up at the Howard A Hanson Dam! That's almost an hour away from Auburn! So we turned around and saw a road that lead to Kanaskat-Palmer State Park instead. So we ended up going there. The river was unbelievably gorgeous, but I was disappointed in the trails. The first time I was determined to hike my butt off, and there wasn't even a mile.

This trail looked like it had potential for far distance hiking! :(

Oh, you mean after 1/16 of a mile there's a river? Well, the Green River was gorgeous!

Look, I'm on a bluff! I can see inside of people's houses!

Garry and I hiked down this steep, narrow trail leading to more river. There was a dead end, so I hiked so fast back up the trail. IT WAS STEEP

Hey, lightening tree.

The two textures were absolutely beautiful!

Garry took this one. Trees that beavers fail to actually get the job done.

Such amazing blue, rapid glacier water.

No comments:

Post a Comment