Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello, birthplace. Tacoma, Washington.

Normally I have a love hate relationship with the city of Tacoma. I was raised there until I was 8, and then my family and I moved to Federal Way. Today I went to the University of Washington in Tacoma to attend an invasive weeds seminar and to get advising about the Environmental Studies program they offer. And to say at least that I pretty much fell head over heels in love with the school. Maybe because I had a goofy smile on my face sitting in a classroom that I don't belong in and taking 4 pages of notes about non-native plants in Washington. I haven't been in a classroom since August 2009, and that's not even two years ago, but I felt absolutely amazing to be learning again...even it's for one day. I really want to go back. Looking through the courses and the idea of taking "Field Ecology" kinda gives me that ecstatic feeling. Please, don't call me a nerd.

After my advising, I had 20 minutes left to use up my parking pass so I walked to a thrift store called Urban Xchange. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I just bought a Death Cab For Cutie tote bag (5.99) and a Bob Dylan postcard (1.50).


Right after a small shopping spree, I literally went next door to Cutterspoint Coffee. Yum! Absolutely adorable coffee shop. Next week...Hydrology seminar! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment