Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Mt St. Helens? It's okay, there was always the trails at Evergreen!

I mentioned Evergreen in the title, but let me tell you the great news: I got into University of Washington! Hooray! I will be starting as a junior this Fall for an environmental studies degree. And this will be my second Bachelors degree. Let's hope this works the second time.

Now, onto the real deal. Garry and I were suppose to go to Castle Rock, Washington to the Mount St. Helens National Monument, but he couldn't sit in my small car for that long of a ride. We ended up hiking the trails at The Evergreen State College (the first college I graduated from, Garry's current school). I wasn't miserable, but it was pouring rain, and we couldn't reach the Eld Inlet :( We were descending down a really steep, and muddy trail that required baby steps, and looking for the safe paths down. It was so fun though. We both found a lot of interesting things on trail, which includes a voodoo doll. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment