Sunday, January 2, 2011

Five books in seven days.

Because I'm a really big avid reader, but sometimes I'm too busy that I can't finish a book that's 300+ pages in 5 days, I'm dedicating one week to read five books.

1) The Elephant's Journey by Jose Saramago (sadly, I turned to the last chapter of the book and read the first sentence ON ACCIDENT. I spoiled the ending for myself...)

2) Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev

3) Nine Stories by JD Salinger

4) The Death of Ivan Ilyvich by Tolstoy

5) The Pearl by Steinbeck

After reading these five books in one week, I will be organizing a "John Steinbeck" month because I really, really want to read Grapes of Wrath among other books.

However, I have to go through the last 100 pages (actually, less) of On The Road, then read some Henry David Thoreau.

No comments:

Post a Comment