Monday, September 13, 2010

inbetween seasons I get seasonal manic disorder

I walk out from work holding a cup of pumpkin spice latte in one hand, and smell the crisp air at 8pm. The day was sunny and around 70 degrees, like the beginning of June. I'm feeling a bit indifferent about the seasons starting to change because the cold air made me crave my scarves, and a new pair of boots.

However, the sunny day made me realize I didn't get to jump in tide pools at Kalaloch Beach like I used to do when I was little, except I was going to bring a book of identifying Pacific Northwest's sea creatures.

It's absolutely not a good feeling when you feel lost even when you are the kind of person who knows what they want from the beginning, and I want one day of summer back so I can jump in tide pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment